Cash for Crash Scams on the Increase – Infographic
170,000 claims linked to potential ‘crash for cash’ scams were recorded last year.
A 2019 estimation suggests that ‘crash for cash’ scams cost insurers around £340million per year.
Most prevalent areas for scams are:
Ways they do it:
- Disabling their brake lights to cause the car behind to run into them
- Slamming on the brakes for no obvious reason
- Flashing their lights at a junction to let you out, then crashing into you deliberately
- Working in conjunction with other drivers in front of them
How to avoid them:
- Keep a safe distance
- Look out for vehicles irrationally reducing speed
How Can Cambrian Help?
We offer a comprehensive range of telematics devices to suit any size of shape of fleet.
Telematics devices are proven to:
- lower insurance costs
- increase driving standards
- improve brand perception
Our devices ehlp fleet managers see where and how their vehicles are being driven.
To find out more go to https://www.cambriancards.com/telematics/
Association of British Insurers – https://www.abi.org.uk/