TRIG 2021 Announced
The Government has announced the next stage in a fund to develop greener and safer transport.
The £1.95 million fun will go to creative startups to develop ideas and products that will support the ‘Transport Revolution’.
Up to 53 projects will share the Transport Research and Innovation Grant (TRIG).
This year marks the 11th round of funding, where each project can expect to receive a targeted investment of up to £30,000.
The grant aims to help start-ups and academics bring their ideas to the market quicker.
Transport Minister Trudy Harrison said:
“Backing innovation is a priority for us and I’m delighted to be supporting Britain’s budding entrepreneurs, as they help us to ensure people can travel at ease and to solve the complex task of decarbonizing our transport system. This is vital as we look ahead to a greener and safer transport future that will create jobs right across the UK.”
- In 2020, the University of Surrey built a device that could purify the air on trains and busses. The device made it safer for people to travel on public transport by lowering the transmission of certain viruses including COVID-19.
- Greenway Innovations’ system catches and traps virus droplets that get released when coughing. This system is designed to work on trains.
- QDot has created a battery cooling system with help from the previous round of funding. The design includes a built-in cooling tab that cools the battery down, allowing driver to charge their EVs (electric vehicles) quicker and stops the battery packs getting too hot.
- Pragmatex used the funding to develop a portable EV charger that allows drivers to charge up at remote locations. This device was designed to provide charging facilities at festivals and tourist attractions.
CEO of Connected Places Catapult, Nicola Yates OBE said:
“The UK’s innovation ecosystem has a strong track record in developing solutions to complex problems. The TRIG 2021 call focuses on finding the next wave of state-of-the-art transport solutions, enabling the sector to achieve net-zero and become more resilient to disruption. I very much look forward to seeing the proposed innovations and working with the successful teams to support their journey to market.”
How does Cambrian innovate?
In the last few years we’ve brought in numerous innovations to enable our customers to get the best out of their fuel cards.
Online Account Portal
This service allows customers to login online at any time to:
- view and download transactional data
- order cards
- stop cards
Find out more here – https://cambrian.fuelsoft.co.uk/WEBPLUS
Fuel Station Locator App
Our multi-platform app was developed in-house and currently has over 10,000 downloads. Through its intuitive interface, the app gives users the location of the nearest station in their card network. In just three taps you can get the information you need. Once the user has decided on their destination google navigate will offer guidance to the destination.
Find out more here – https://www.cambriancards.com/fuel-station-locator-mobile-app/
TRIG 2021 Announced