20 Aug Are You Driven To Distraction? – video
Are You Driven To Distraction?
1 in 6 Engage in distracting behaviour
In 2016, 397 deaths were linked to distracted driving
Parliament is currently discussing bans for
- all types of Telecommunications
- and Smoking / Vaping whilst driving
Drivers are already penalised for:
- Using Mobile Phones – Which is a £200 fine and 6 penalty points
- Eating and Drinking – £100 and 3 penalty points
What is the solution?
1) Artificial Intelligence
In-car facial recognition cameras will detect:
- how attentive drivers are
- how awake the drivers are
- the focus of their vision
- their head position
and WARN DRIVERS
2) Better education for people driving for work
3) Fuel Cards
- Fuel cards are simply to use
- You don’t have to carry cash
- You don’t have to collect the correct receipt
- No long wait to be refunded when you’ve used your own money
This allows drivers to focus on their driving and the work which awaits them at the end of their journey.
4) Dashcams and Telematics
Telematics system allow fleet managers to see where and how fleet vehicles are being driven.
- Harsh braking
- Cornering speed
- Erratic driving
Dashcams can placed in various configurations and fleet mangers can log into them at any time.
This includes an in-cab camera.
For more information
Call us free on 0800 612 6132