The RoadHawk DC-3
The RoadHawk DC-3 is a fully featured high-definition dashboard camera with accurate GPS data,
speed information and memory card auto-formatting. The RoadHawk DC-3 can record at any time of day, in any type of weather.
Its intelligent G-Force sensor is able to recognise if an impact occurs and log the event as a piece of concrete evidence for use in a court of law.
The DC-3 is easy to use and can be simply installed by any user.
The RoadHawk DC-3 can also be used with a remote event button accessory which allows a descete button to be mounted within easy reach of the driver.
This accessory can also be used to interface and communicate the event button signal to a range of Trakm8 telematics hardware for remote indication to their back end portals software.
All video footage from the RoadHawk DC-3 is easily viewed within RoadHawk’s intuitive software. With evidential-grade footage, GPS information and G-Force data, you are able to supply irrefutable evidence to your insurer or police. The RoadHawk DC-3 records every journey in fantastic quality, with full 1080p video recording, gyro balanced image stabilisation and high quality sensor to provide you with protection in low-light scenarios. With an inbuilt G-force sensor, the RoadHawk DC-3 will automatically save clips to a separate ‘event’ folder when the camera detects a sudden jolt or impact.
This way, you can ensure that your most important footage isn’t overwritten or lost. ‘Event’ files can also be created by clicking the event button on the camera for saving incidents on the road that don’t necessarily involve your vehicle.
- Chipset: Ambarella A7/LA70 chip, 1080p/60fps, HDR 1080p/30fps, 720p/60fps and 720p/30fps
- NTSC or PAL frame rates
- Audio: Variable sensitivity internal mic – External mic input (3.5mm jack)
- Encoding: H.264 .MP4 Files with embedded G-Force and GPS data
- Bitrate: adjustable from very low to very high
- Loop Mode: 1 min files continuous loop with file locking
- Normal Mode: Up to 30 min long files (no looping or file locking)
- GPS: 10Hz GPS receiver with internal antenna
- Power: 12v to 24v* input (*optional hard wiring kit)
- EIS: electronic image stabilisation
- G-Force: 3D G-force Sensor installed (variable sensitivity)
- Internal Power: 2 x Super capacitors to ensure safe camera shutdown
- Memory: SD XC compatible up to 128GB (16GB included)
- Sensor: OmniVision OV4689 with super low light sensitivity with HDR
- Lens: 6 element glass, f/2.0, wide angled 125 degree lens
- Mounting: Standard RoadHawk adhesive mounting plus ¼” camera thread for suction/clamps mounts
- Compatible with Windows 7 or above and OSX 10.1 or above
- Multiple colour, saturation and sharpness adjustment
- Hardware based de-warp, image distortion correction
- Auto-format: Option to automatically format the memory card every two, four or six weeks within the camera
- Software: PC / MAC compatible
- Field of view: 125°
- Memory: SD card up to 128GB (16GB included)
- GPS logging: Yes
- Shock sensor: Yes – 3-Axis
- Night mode: Yes – HDR (high dynamic range)
- Date / Time: Yes – embedded on video
- Internal mic: Yes
- Type: In-Car Camera
- External GPS antenna: Optional
- Remote event button: Optional
- External mic connection: Yes
- Speed display: MPH / KPH
- Camera weight: 111g
- Camera size (LxWxH): 100mm x 70mm x 32mm
- Designed and developed in the UK Conforms with UK and European regulations
- Ready to use out of box – includes memory card
- Automatic operation from vehicle ignition
- Records in a continuous loop whilst driving
- G-Force sensor automatically detects impacts and shocks to the vehicle, locking these files
- HDR technology offers unrivalled video quality day or night
- Selectable 1080p (up to 60fps) or 720p resolution
- 10hz GPS receiver for accurate location
- Up to 128GB SD XC memory card (16GB included)
- PC / Mac compatible
- The RoadHawk DC-3 records to a standard .mp4 format that can be played on most computers
- Embedded within the file is GPS and G-force data
- Using the RoadHawk Play software you can view the video, audio, date/time stamp, map showing exact location, speed and G-force
- The software also allows you to tailor the camera settings to your requirements, including brightness, sharpness, white balance, contrast, metering, mic volume, speaker volume and record settings